Seattle Co-Arts Fall Workshop
Love Letters by Jacqui B
Garden Guardians by Jacqui B
Blue Bird by Jacqui B
Expressive Acrylic & Mixed Media Painting
Jacqui Beck, instructor
Nov 3 – 4, Ronald United Methodist Church
Monday & Tuesday; 9:00am – 3:30pm
Sign-up begins September!
Jacqui has been teaching art for twelve years and is an adjunct professor of art at Seattle Pacific University. Her workshops focus on supporting students to develop their own personal artistic expression, loosen up, and enjoy the creative process.
visit her site at: www.jacquibeck.com
This workshop offers a wonderful opportunity to learn to paint more expressively and personally. Discover ways to increase the tendency to experiment, loosen up, and be more expressive. Learn how to use a variety of techniques to bring more life to your paintings and more enjoyment to your painting process. This workshop is open to participants with all levels of experience. No experience with acrylic painting is required. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to learn from talented Jacqui. Topics include:
- Preparing canvases with texture, collage, stamping, and mono-printing
- Stages of a painting (from inception to gallery)
- Paint application of layering and edges (toning, underpainting, impasto, rubbing in color, glazing, veiling, faking underpainting)
- Developing personal ‘voice’ and meaning of your artwork
- Dealing with "mistakes", your inner critic, and loosening up
- Making changes and finishing a painting
Cost: $100 CoArts members $135 non–members. Members sign-up first and have priority. Any remaining spots will be open to non–members later. One scholarship is available to CoArts members; contact the workshop chair privately if you wish to be considered.
Sign–Up: Look for the clipboard sign–up sheet at the September CoArts meeting to take part in this opportunity. A $50 deposit is required to hold a spot in the class for you. Cash or checks only(made out to Seattle CoArts).
Direct any questions to Delorse Lovelady, Workshop Chair.